Two Woods 2023
Round 1. To be played by 18th June
Round 2. To be played by 23rd July
Round 3. To be played by 20 August
Round 4. (Final). to be played by 10th September
Use: Two woods each
Players: Any format of play/number of players
Equipment required: Two mats, One jack, One scoreboard/scorecard, Measure, Bowls
Object of the Game: The player/team with the most shots after the agreed number of ends played is deemed the winner. In this variation, the jack is not centred and players bowl to where the jack has been cast.
How to Play:
1. Toss a coin to decide who plays first. The winner of the toss places the mat and delivers the jack
2. Where the jack stops is where to bowl to. If the jack finishes outside the confines of the rink (off side or in back ditch) or on the line it is declared dead and will need to be recast by the opposing team/player
3. Each player plays in turn – after all bowls are played the end is declared finished
4. Scoring is per normal Laws
5. Scores are recorded on the scoreboard/scorecard
6. The player/team who scores the most shots on the previous end plays first on the next end and decides on the position of the jack This game can be played as a one-off or part of a mini-league/ladder.
How to Win: The winner is the first person to 21 points.